Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Finality..[?]

I will be blunt. Basically Love Life Love Style has turned into a sort of deserted town...

I feel like I owe an apology to readers who would come back and all they would saw for the past couple months was an outdated excuse (and lame): "Hey, I have tons of work!"

I kind of just let it drag on because I did not know if I could really just stop it. Just stop the blog. Obviously, I wasn't having time to do upkeep and all those sort of things one needs to do to keep a blog well, alive; including garnering traffic, blah blah blah, etc. But I guess I was kind of dreading to completely close off this part of... well, whatever this is a part of. I did not want to accept that maybe the blog was slowly chugging to a stop (due to me).

I don't like any sort of finality to anything-- and if there were enough hours in the day I would keep writing. However, I do apologize in case anyone ever winds back here again by chance: I should say I think I was perhaps sort of "méchante" (mean) in just letting the poor blog kind of fade away knowingly and not saying a thing. I had been having a tough couple of months and struggling with a lot of things and about myself and my identity and my capabilities- or lackthereof. Just really doubtful and discouraged about reality. I try to express things as they are, and for me it was also very difficult to just have this blog- where I'm supposed to maintain this sort of "professionalism" (however casual), and completely separate "my real life" so to say. To keep out things not as obviously related to the subject matter.

Sometimes I find myself wishing that I could document all of it. I find art and beauty in everything. In thoughts, in ideas, in feelings, in moments that don't seem important at all but there's some sort of nugget of truth in them.

To close, this isn't a note to send this blog to the grave. I believe Love Life Love Style had a very good mission and communicated important ideas. I basically tried to fill a large need that I thought I saw: a fashion blog with an ethical outlook towards animals. Maybe I wasn't able to do it as well as I wanted, but I put forth a good amount of effort and I think some good discussions were facilitated here and around the fashion blog community.

I still get a steady flow of passerby traffic- I think it is great that people may be using or gaining information from past articles I've written, etc., so in that way this blog has a steady stream -a current- of life running through it. I would best consider it as that the blog, as of now, is just in a deep deep sleep. A hibernation, if you will. Dormant.


Who knows? One day I might pick it back up- send a jolt into this place. Maybe one of these days I'll be struck with some intense spurt of energy or perhaps be hit with a fresh new perspective or approach to which I will have sufficient time to dedicate. Or maybe some days I'll just sproadically put up a post.


+ + + +

Finally, one might be curious as to what I'm doing now-- a tiny update as I am at it I suppose-- well, I do owe something, don't I?


I am currently polishing off my 3rd year in college- and this semester I have been abroad...in France. I've been studying in a lovely historic Alsacien town called Strasbourg. It's the first time I've ever even been in Europe and though there have been some trying/stressful times, it's really been one of the most positive experiences of my life. I can't even begin to describe it. Now, if only if only a couple french friends would just fall into my lap!


To be honest now that I think about it, it kind of seems criminal of me to be in France - known to girls worldwide as a place of chicness and sophistication - and not be blogging about it. But to be honest, Strasbourg isn't too remarkable style-wise. Sure, a 60 second walk would bring me past Louis Vuitton, Sonia Rykiel, Hermès... just to name a few- but the girls typically do this unassuming casual rocker thing, and the guys do the leather jacket and skinny pants thing.


Some highlights, fashion-wise:
I went vintage shopping in the Marais, visited the Sonia Rykiel Exhibition at Musée des Arts Décoratifs [amazing], stumbled upon historic fashion at "Sous l'Empire des Crinolines" at the museum of fashion- Galleria (only ever open for temporary exhibitions), and even was at the opening night party around fashion week at Thierry Mugler's Parisian boutique for the debut of their 2 week capsule collection there- champagne (best ever), hors d'oeuvres- it was fantastic- like I stumbled into some strange dream with all these really mind-numbingly important french in the fashion industry just happening to be there.


Hey okay, so it's really not much, but here are some random photos:



















4 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

So interesting pictures.

All the best, take care

xoxo

11:38 AM  
Anonymous susie_bubble said...

Just catching up on my bloglines and found this.... hope you are well despite the blog stoppage/hiatus...

10:26 AM  
Blogger Devon said...

cool blog! xx

10:03 AM  
Blogger Winnie said...

Well I do hope your final exams go well. Love the pics of Paris, It's such a wonderful place to visit.

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home