Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Have Your Cake and Wear it Too

It's Set time again!

This is probably one of the most exhausting sets I've ever done. The lighting had to be right to catch the berry-ness of the shoes but not make me look strangely disproportional, that the shadows cast by the lights weren't too bad as to obscure the outfit, that the shoes were turned the right way to catch the heel and the print, that the bowler hat didn't look too squat (and it does in most), that the angle was redeemable, that the clothes had to be adjusted correctly or else I would've come off looking like a huge marshmallow in the photos, etc. Anyway, brief story behind this was that I received a used pair of Christian Lacroix I got from ebay {I always buy used leather, never new leather-- see link to the left}. Managed to snag them for a very good price.

...normally I really try to buy true vintage, but you know with all these street savvy girls egging for vintage now, it's now actually HARD to find real vintage shoes that I like that don't cost like upwards of $50...especially you know the ubiquitous vintage woven flats. Anyway I was lucky to stumble across these used floral Lacroix beauties... I mean I might end up sending them back on ebay since they're a little tight... but then again it's a a hassle so I'll see.



So I got them in the mail, and I was thinking of good ways to take advantage of it, which is basically what most of us try to do ... and I wondered how they'd go with my eyelet print leggings from Anna Sui, NY. Pairing them together, my mind kept flashing Strawberry Cheesecake, Strawberry Cheesecake. And after some more combinations, I came up with a Strawberry Cheesecake-like outfit. Hence the title of the post.

A tad of graham-cracker brown, fluffy white cream, textured cheesecake-like skirt, and a drizzling of strawberry-like colors on the bottom. The bowler hat was for fun. Kind of gave it a england look? Sometimes I wish I had a job that would allow me to wear these interesting concoctions... I mean you can't wear this out in central jersey unless you want to feel uncomfortable and frou-frou.

So I tried different stylings with this set, but most of the different stylings just revolved placing the graham-cracker skirt in different places and twisting it around as sort of a scarf. Can I call it a skarf? Like skirt+scarf?

This set has a lot of photos cause I kind of went crazy and perfectionist-like, but I want you guys to see it in a way that you can't get from a couple photos, so I was like, "what the heck, I'll just put them all up". No more mind-numbing editing.



main players in the set: Christian Lacroix floral wicker wedges, Anna Sui Eyelet Leggings, Urban Outfitters soft white cropped trapeze-like top, Light heathery white Isabel Marant top underneath with black embroidery, Express thin soft brown skirt, Childhood textured yellow skirt, Urban Outfitters Black Bowler-Equestrian-like Hat.

Feel Free to Click any to Enlarge for Details.

Let them Eat Cake

































Action of the Week

ONE.org


Senator Tom Daschle
ONE Member and National Co-Chair ONE Vote ‘08:

"In Rwanda, I saw the tremendous impact of some of the very things you’ve worked to make possible. Deaths from malaria have been cut by 66%, in large part because of the increase in bed net and anti-malarial medicine distribution. The death rate from malaria, as well AIDS and TB is going to continue to fall, because of your work pressuring Congress to reauthorize PEPFAR, America’s global AIDS bill, for five more years.

Victories like PEPFAR are saving lives and giving people in places like Rwanda new hope, making the whole world a safer and more prosperous place. Now we have the chance to make ending extreme poverty and global disease a focus for the Democratic and Republican parties.

Click below to sign the petition and I’ll deliver your signature when I meet with Democratic Party leaders to ask them to make the struggle against global poverty a priority in 2008.

http://www.one.org/platforms/o.pl?id=443-1564728-pqT3x2x&t=3"

17 Comments:

Blogger Gaby said...

GORGEOUS!!!

12:04 AM  
Blogger annabananna said...

aww, those shoes! stunning!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

adorable!

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning shoes... and a stunning array of poses too!

2:57 AM  
Blogger e. jay said...

I HEART...those...shoes!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Human Racing said...

Great outfit and wicked shoes!

2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your way of layering!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Style Spot said...

wow these shots are fantastic! your shoes are so incredibly sweet!

xxx

2:59 PM  
Blogger STYLE DU MONDE said...

Cute shoes! Love the layers as well!

xx

3:53 PM  
Blogger MEMEME said...

wow...those are beautiful!!..the way you layering everything is perfect!

5:43 PM  
Blogger emsydo said...

i love the shoes with those tights! I'm thinking strawberry shortcake.

12:06 AM  
Blogger HANNAH-ZOË said...

the shoes are adorable! but i love the tights, i want (:

1:36 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I really love that outfit. And those shoes are gorgeous.

4:51 AM  
Blogger Anthea said...

The shoes are to die for:) I read your beef on leather..have you ever heard of matt n nat? They were originally made in Vancouver, but they have been taken over by a New York company. They are purses made to look like leather, they are actually quite nice. Thanks for your comment, want to link exchange?

8:08 AM  
Blogger Siru said...

Lovely shoes, I have seen the same thing, finding true vintage online is a strugle.

juliet xxx

3:03 PM  
Blogger LuLu124 said...

what an adorable outfit!!!! LOVE that skirt :))) xoxo, lulu

6:04 PM  
Blogger emily said...

i love this look.

love your blog very much as well!

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home